|Production||2012 - present|
|Body Style||5-door, 5-seat Wagon|
|Length||length - type here|
|Width||Width - type here|
|Height||Height - type here|
|Wheelbase||wheelbase - type here|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission||transmission + drive|
|Power|| N/A hp @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
|Designer||Under Steve Mattin|
Volvo V60 is a compact luxury station wagon produced by Volvo and manufactured at their assembly line in Torslanda, Sweden. Its existence was first reported in a Motor Trend article citing an interview with a senior Volvo source.. The new car will be based on the all new 2011 Volvo S60, which itself is based on a concept first presented at the 2009 Detroit Motor Show. The new S60 will be produced in Volvos plant in Ghent, Belgium.
See Autopedia's comprehensive Volvo V60 Review.
- The 2010 Paris Motor Show hosted Volvo's debut of the V60 R-Design. The R-Design is the Swedish firm's equivalent of BMW's M Sport or Audi's S-Line. As such, it combines sporty visual upgrades inside and out and a tweaked chassis for a sharper drive. On the outside, the R-Design treatment adds a front grille painted in glossy piano black, a more aggressive front bumper detailed in a matt black finish, a discreet boot lid spoiler (sedan) or roof spoiler (Estate) and a distinctive rear diffuser that houses twin exhaust tailpipes. A new set of unique 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels shod in sport tires completes the list of exterior changes. Moving into the interior, the package includes a pair of body-hugging sport seats up front, special leather/textile upholstery available in off-black and ceramic light, or in an all-black, both with contrasting stitching, plus an R-Design steering wheel, gear selector, sports pedals and floor-mats. Underneath the sheetmetal, Volvo's engineers have given the V60 stiffer springs (+15%) and bushes (+20%), a lowered ride height (-15mm), new monotube dampers at the back, and a strut brace under the bonnet. The R-Design package is available throughout the range, from the 115 hp DRIVe 1.6 litre diesel to the 304 hp 3.0 litre turbocharged petrol V6.
Styles and Major OptionsEdit
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
|T3 ES||T3 SE Start/Stop||T3 SE Premium Start/Stop||T4 SE Premium Start/Stop||T5 SE Premium||T6 SE Premium AWD||T3 SE Lux Start/Stop||T3 SE Lux Premium Start/Stop||T4 SE Lux Premium Start/Stop||T5 SE Lux Premium||T6 SE Lux Premium AWD|
|D3 ES||D5 ES||D3 SE||D3 SE Premium||D5 SE||D5 SE Premium||D3 SE Lux||D3 SE Lux Premium||D5 SE Lux||D5 SE Lux Premium|
|D3 R-Design||D3 R-Design Premium||D5 R-Design||D5 R-Design Premium||T3 R-Design Start/Stop||T3 R-Design Premium Start/Stop||T4 R-Design Premium Start/Stop||T5 R-Design Premium||T6 R-Design Premium AWD|
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and TransmissionEdit
Power will most likely be provided from Volvo's existing lineup of 1.6L, 1.8L and 2.0L I-4 petrols, turbocharged 3.0L and NA 3.2L I-6 petrols, along with 1.6L, 2.0L and 2.4L I-4 and I-5 diesels in certain markets. One notable addition could be a 1.6L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDi) developed by Ford (mechanical clone of the new Ford EcoBoost 1.6L engine)..
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintenance information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Volvo Collision & Pedestrian Detection system
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfort and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (YYYY–present)Edit
Fifth generation (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
Fourth generation (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
Third generation (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
Second generation (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
First Generation/Origins (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and odditiesEdit
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
List out notable awards that the model has received while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
|image (between 170-190 pixels)|
|Assar Gabrielsson||Corporate website||A brand of the Geely Automobile Group|
- ↑ Motor Trend 2011 Volvo S60 preview
- ↑ 2010 Volvo S60 Concept Offers Look at EcoBoosted 1.6-liter Engine
News and References
- New Volvo V60 sports wagon revealed
- Officially Official: Volvo V60 sports wagon gets (surprisingly) rockin' intro
- Paris Preshow: New Volvo S60 and V60 R-Design
Enthusiast Sites and Discussion Forums