|Location||Lake Morton-Berrydale, Washington, near Kent, Washington|
|Active from||1960 -|
|Major events||National Hot Rod Association, SCCA, ICSCC|
|Length||N/A mi (N/A km)|
|Lap record||N/A (driver, team, year, class)|
Pacific Raceways is a mixed-use road racing facility near Kent, Washington. The race track was constructed in 1959 and opened in 1960. The track was originally named Pacific Raceways, then became known as Seattle International Raceways in 1976. After the landowner regained control of the track in 2002, the name reverted to Pacific Raceways.Pacific Raceways features a Template:Convert/mi road course which is used by the SCCA, Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts (SOVREN), and ICSCC for automobile road racing. The Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association (WMRRA) uses the course for motorcycle road racing. The course has more than Template:Convert/ft of elevation change and a beautiful naturally wooded back section.
The track hosts a performance driving school which offers several curricula, including sanctioned race licensing courses, performance driving, lapping clinics, and specialty driving instruction. The facility also features a dragstrip which is used by local organizations and the NHRA for both regional and national-level races, plus a dirt motocross track.
- ↑ Susan Wade. "Exit Interview: Seattle's Jim Rockstad". DragRacingOnline.com. http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/rockstad_1.html. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- ↑ Kelley, Arthur (9 December 1962). "S.C.C.A. Establishes New Racing Program". Boston Globe. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/1907777052.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&type=historic&date=Dec+09%2C+1962&author=&pub=Boston+Globe+(1960-1979). Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- ↑ Washington Motorocycle Road Racing Association. "Washington's Road Race Tracks". http://www.wmrra.com/tracksinfo.html. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- ↑ Jerry Smith. "Pacific Raceways Transforms Itself". PartsAndPeople.com. http://www.partsandpeople.com/Northwest/articles/view/663. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- ↑ NHRA. "NHRA Member Tracks". http://www.nhradiv6.com/state.asp?TrackStateID=48&Div=6. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- ↑ NHRA. "NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing 2011 Schedule". http://www.nhra.com/schedules/2011fts.aspx. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- ↑ ChampCarStats. "Seattle International Raceway". http://www.champcarstats.com/tracks/seattle.htm. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: [[Commons:Category: Category:Pacific Raceways|| Pacific Raceways
- Pacific Raceways
- Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association (WMMRA)
- Trackpedia guide to driving this track
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Pacific Raceways. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Autopedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|