The GS platform (also known as "Project Global" by Mitsubishi) is a compact car platform co-developed by Mitsubishi Motors and DaimlerChrysler, which underpins the companies' compact cars. After DaimlerChrysler and Mitsubishi went their separate ways in 2004, DaimlerChrysler made substantial changes to the platform. The modified GS platform is now called JS platform by DCX for mid-size cars and PM/MK for compact cars. All cars from Mitsubishi using the GS platform are made in Japan, starting with the 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander crossover SUV. PM/MK vehicles from Chrysler are assembled at Belvidere Assembly in Belvidere, Illinois (Dodge Caliber and Jeep Compass) and JS Vehicles at the Sterling Heights Assembly (Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger). Chrysler currently states that the Sebring and Avenger are not using the GS platform, though that was their starting point.
- 2005–present Mitsubishi Outlander
- 2007–present Mitsubishi Lancer (sedan, hatchback)
- 2007–present Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
- 2007–present Mitsubishi Delica
- 2009-present Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (for motorsports)
- 2010–present Mitsubshi RVR (GA3W) (aka Mitsubishi ASX)
- 2007–present Chrysler Sebring (JS)
- 2007–present Dodge Caliber hatchback (PM)
- 2007–present Jeep Compass sports wagon (MK)
- 2007–present Jeep Patriot crossover SUV (MK)
- 2008–present Dodge Avenger (JS)
- 2009 Dodge Journey (JC49)
|Engines, platforms & technologies:|
2G | 3B | 3G | 3A9x | 4A3x | 4A9x | 4B | 4D5x | 4G1x | 4G3x | 4G4x | 4G5x | 4G6x | 4G9x | 4M | 6A | 6B | 6G | 8A | KE
Astron | Cyclone V6 | GEMA | Neptune | Orion | Saturn | Sirius | Vulcan
|GS platform | PS platform | Z platform|
|ACD | Active-Trac | AWC | AYC | GDI | INVECS | MATT | MIEV | MIVEC | MultiMode ABS | Modulated Displacement | RISE | Silent Shaft | Sport ABS | Super Select | Vertical Vortex|
- ↑ "Chrysler Future Products Update". autoweek. http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060808/FREE/60807008&SearchID=73267262737113.
- ↑ "2007 Chrysler Sebring cars". Allpar. http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler/sebring.html. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- ↑ "Future Concept:Future of Mitsubishi". Motor Trend. http://www.motortrend.com/future/spied_vehicles/112_0501_future_mitsubishi/. Retrieved 2006-12-17.
- ↑ "Mitsubishi Motors To Unveil All-New Lancer Sports Sedan At 2007 North American International Auto Show". Mitsubishi Motors press release. http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2006111003513&mime=ASC.
- ↑ "Lancer Sportback coming to Frankfurt", Damon Lavrinc, AutoBlog, June 26, 2007
- ↑ 
- ↑ "Dodge Crossover Coming". AutoWeek. http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/FREE/60731001/1024/LATESTNEWS. Retrieved 2006-08-16.
- ↑ "Spied! New Dodge 'JC49' Crossover!". www.windingroad.com. http://news.windingroad.com/trends/spied-new-dodge-jc49-crossover/. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- ↑ "The Dodge JC49 Crossover". www.allpar.com. http://www.allpar.com/trucks/JC49.html. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- ↑ "Hoping for a Hit". AutoWeek. http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/FREE/60530010/1024/LATESTNEWS. Retrieved 2006-12-17.