|aka||Type aka here, not up there|
limited 20 units
|Body Style|| 2-door, 2-seat, mid-engined Coupe|
2-door, 2-seat, mid-engined Spyder
|Length||185.04 in (4700 mm)|
|Width||81.02 in (2058 mm)|
|Height||44.69 in (1135 mm)|
|Wheelbase||104.92 in (2665 mm)|
|Weight||3670.7 lb (1665 kg, Dry)|
|Transmission||6-speed e-gear, Permanent AWD w/ Viscous Traction System|
|Engine||6.5 litre (6496 cc, 396.41 cu in) 60° V12|
|Power|| 641 hp (478 kW) @ 8000 rpm |
487 lb-ft (660 Nm) of torque @ 6000 rpm
|Similar|| Koenigsegg CCXR|
Pagani Zonda R
Saleen S7 TT
SSC Ultimate Aero
Aston Martin One-77
|Designer||Lamborghini Centro Stile under Manfred Fitzgerald|
The Lamborghini Reventón is a supercar that debuted at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show. It was the most powerful and expensive Lamborghini at the time, costing one million euro. The official press release states that only 20 will be built, but it was later reported that the total number would be 100. The exterior styling was inspired by the F-22 Raptor. Although the exterior is partially new, almost the entire mechanics (including the engine) are taken directly from the Murciélago LP640.
Initial reports suggest that the 6.5 litre V12 may receive a power boost of approximately 15 kilowatts (20 horsepower), bringing the new ouput close to 490 kW (660 horsepower). In spite of this, and the car's carbon fibre components, the Reventón accelerates to 100 km/h (62 mph) in the same time as the Murciélago LP640 (3.4 seconds).
The instrument panel in the Reventón comprises of three TFT liquid crystal displays (LCDs) with two different display modes. The instruments are housed in a structure milled from a solid aluminum block, protected by a carbon fiber casing. The G-Force-Meter is completely new and it is one of the talking points of the Reventón. It displays the dynamic drive forces, longitudinal acceleration during acceleration and braking, as well as transversal acceleration around bends. These forces are represented by the movement of an indicator on a graduated 3D grid depending on the direction and intensity of the acceleration. Formula One teams also use a similar device to analyse dynamic forces.
By simply pressing a button, the driver can switch to the second, quasi-analogical display, where there are the usual circular instruments; speedometer and tachometer. The G-Force-Meter still remains at the centre of this display mode.
Lamborghini has also picked up some of parent company Audi's design language. For the first time, Lamborghini incorporated daylight running lights with the headlamps of the Reventón. Seven Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) at each headlamps flank the Bi-Xenon main beam and they stay lit whenever the car is in movement. Due to the high temperatures in the rear lower part of the car, special heatproof LEDs are used for the indicator and hazard lights, stoplights and rear lights with a triple arrow optical effect.
The Reventón is named after a fighting bull according to Lamborghini tradition. The car's namesake, owned by the Don Rodriguez family, is best known for killing famed bullfighter Felix Guzman in 1943.  Reventón also means "explosion/explodes" in Spanish.
- The 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show will play host to the public debut of the Reventón Roadster. Like its coupe sibling, production is highly limited and exclusive to 15 units. Another similarity is the F-22 Raptor inspired styling draped over the Murcielago chassis. It is rumoured that the topless raging bull will feature the Murcie LP670-4 SV's 670 hp version of the 6.5 litre V12 rather than the modified 650 hp LP640-sourced mill seen in the hardtop model. Expect the price to top out at 1.2 million Euros ($1,750,000 USD) as before. 
Styles and Major OptionsEdit
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and TransmissionEdit
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
The Lamborghini can go from 0-62 (100 km) in 3.2 seconds and is expected to reach 220 mph (352 km/h)
Warranty options and scheduled maintainence information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
- Grey Barra
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Of the original 20 coupe's, 10 were delivered to the United States, seven to Europe, one to Canada, and two to Asia.
Design quirks and odditiesEdit
- The vehicle's styling is said to have been inspired by the F-22 Raptor fighter jet.
- The name comes from a bull that killed toreador Felix Guzman in 1943.
- 2007 Most Beautiful Car in the World
Historic Models: Centenario Murciélago LP640 · Roadster · LP670-4 SV · Reventón · Reventón Roadster · Miura · Countach · Diablo · Espada · Silhouette · Jalpa · 350GT · 400GT · Islero · Jarama · LM002 · Urraco · Gallardo Superleggera .Gallardo
Concept Cars: 350GTV · Athon · Bravo · Cala · Canto · Cheetah · Concept S · Faena · Flying Star II · Genesis · LM001 · LM003 · LM004 · LMA002 · Marco Polo · Marzal · Miura Concept · Portofino · Raptor · Stella · Miura Spyder Concept · Estoque Concept · Sesto Elemento Concept · Aventador J · Veneno Concept . Asterion Concept
|Ferruccio Lamborghini||Corporate website||A subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The Lamborghini Reventon Has Been Revealed". CarFront.com. http://carfront.com/news/2007/09/10/the-lamborghini-reventon-has-been-revealed/. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "2007 Frankfurt Auto Show: Lamborghini Reventon". Edmunds. http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3347. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Lamborghini Reventon: (This rumor, however has been stated as untrue by CEO Winkelmann. Outrageous, But One Million Euros Outrageous?". Motive Magazine. http://www.motivemag.com/pub/news/Outrageous_But_One_Million_Euros_Outrageous.shtml. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Lamborghini Reventón". sybarites. http://www.sybarites.org/2007/09/11/lamborghini-reventon/. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- ↑ "Lamborghini Reventon Information". LamborghiniReventon.net. http://www.LamborghiniReventon.net. Retrieved 2007-09-23.
- Lamborghini Reventón: First Drive
- Revealed: Lamborghini’s Reventón supercar
- Frankfurt Auto Show: Lamborghini Drops One-Million Euro Supercar
- Frankfurt Motor Show: Lamborghini Reventon revealed!
- Lamborghini Reventon Revealed
- The Lamborghini Reventon Has Been Revealed
- $1 Million Dollar Lamborghini Reventon
- Video: Behind the wheel of the Lamborghini Reventon
- Motor Trend: World Exclusive First Drive! Lamborghini Reventon
- Lamborghini Reventon vs Tornado Jet Fighter
- Lamborghini Murciélago Reventón
- Pics Aplenty: Lamborghini Reventon breaks out of Sant'Agata
- ‘Used’ Lamborghini Reventon No3 quickly finds Buyer on eBay Auction
- Lamborghini delivers final Reventon to British customer
- Lamborghini Reventon Roadster Photos Revealed
- Lamborghini Reventón roadster images leak ahead of Frankfurt
- Lamborghini Reventon Loses its Top: First Photos of Roadster Model
- Lamborghini Reventón Roadster: 20 Lucky Oil Sheiks Rejoice
- Lamborghini Reventon Roadster Promo Video