The Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (shortened ILMC) was an endurance sports car racing tournament organised by the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) started in 2010. The plans were first announced in June 2009 and confirmed in December of the same year.
Both sports prototypes and grand tourers are eligible to compete for the ILMC: the LMP1 and GTE classes each have a manufacturers cup, whereas all ACO classes have teams cups as long as there are at least four entries. In 2010 also the GT1 class was eglible for the final time.
The 2010 calendar comprised the 1000 km Silverstone (Silverstone, United Kingdom, September 12), the Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta, United States, October 2) and the 1000 km Zhuhai (Zhuhai, China, November 7). Meanwhile, the 2011 calendar expanded to seven events. Along with the Silverstone (six hour race) and Petit Le Mans races on similar dates, the championship started with the 12 Hours of Sebring (Sebring, United States, March) before moving into Europe to contest a six hour race at Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium on May, the 24 Hours of Le Mans (Le Mans, France, June 11–12), and another six hour race at the Imola circuit in Italy on July. The season finale will be held in China on Zhuhai circuit.
|Season||LMP1 Team||LMP2 Team||GT1 Team||GT2/GTE Pro Team||GTE Am Team|
|LMP1 Manufacturer||GT2/GTE Manufacturer|
|2010||Peugeot Sport Total||OAK Racing||Larbre Compétition||Team Felbermayr-Proton||none|
|2011||Peugeot Sport Total||Signatech Nissan||none||AF Corse||Larbre Compétition|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ACO links Le Mans series' with Intercontinental Cup - Motorsport.com, December 8, 2009
- ↑ ACO adds trophies, expands driving school - Motorsport.com, June 11, 2009
- ↑ LMP1 teams urged into more series - Autosport, June 11, 2009
- ↑ Le Mans Intercontinental Cup – GT2 added! - Planet Le Mans, March 19, 2010
- ↑ http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/06/03/fia-announces-world-endurance-championship/
- ↑ The ACO press conference – a look at the future! - Planet Le Mans, June 10, 2010
- ↑ ILMC: Petit Le Mans Confirmed For 2011 - SPEED TV, November 29, 2010