The Accord Hybrid makes 253 HP from a 3.0L V6 derived from the regular seventh-generation Accord and an electric motor with Integrated Motor Assist (IMA)™. Performance bests that of the naturally aspirated V6 Accords. The Accord Hybrid can shut off 3 of the 6 cylinders under certain conditions for better fuel economy, a technology that Honda calls Variable Cylinder Management (VCM)™.
See Autopedia's comprehensive Honda Accord Hybrid Review.
The Honda Accord Hybrid retains unique exterior styling elements, even after the 2006 model year freshening. The decklid spoiler, roof mounted whip antenna and aerodynamically styled alloy wheels remain. New is the revised dual exhaust with finished tips and another pair of Hybrid specific tailights.
Styles and Major OptionsEdit
- Air Conditioning
- Integrated Motor Assist (IMA)™
- Variable Cylinder Management (VCM)™
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Power sunroof
- Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel
- HomeLink® remote system
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Heated front seats
- 120-watt 6-speaker audio system with AM/FM/6-disc in-dash CD changer
- XM® Satellite Radio
- Auto day/night rearview mirror with compass
- Cargo net
- Trunk tray
- Half nose mask
- Full nose mask
- Fenderwell trims
- Door visors
- Door edge guards
- Tow-hitch receiver
- Removable roof rack
- Roof rack attachment – ski/snowboard
- Roof rack attachment – bike
- Wheel locks
- Gold exhaust finisher
- Car cover
- Splash guards
2006 Base MSRP of $30,990 (excludes delivery charge of $550). The U.S. Federal Income Tax Credit is $1,300 for models purchased prior to December 31, 2010.
3.0L V-6 w/IMA
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- 4 wheel disc Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- Front, dual stage airbags (SRS)
- Front side-impact airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSA®)
- 5 Star National Highway Traffic Safety Agency NHTSA crash test rating
- Desert Mist Metallic
- Graphite Pearl
- Premium White Pearl
- Redondo Red Pearl
- Silver Frost Metallic
The Accord Hybrid has 253 HP, faster acceleration than the regular Accord V6 sedan from 0 to 60 miles per hour and better gas mileage figures. When coasting and cruising along at low speeds, the engine can operate on just three of six cylinders. The engine shuts off at stoplights, restarting instantly when the driver releases the brake pedal, much like the Honda Insight. A separate compressor keeps air conditioning blowing when the engine is in its temporary off mode.
January 5, 2008: Purchased a pre-owned 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid for $17,000 with 33,500 miles on the odometer and no navigation. This price is comparable to non hybrid V6 Leather Accord listings in the area (Long Island - Coram, NY)
Fuel economy gains? What fuel economy gains? You won't really notice any if you compare EPA values from 4 cylinder models.
Current Generation: (2005–present)Edit
The Accord Hybrid debuted in 2005, priced at the top of the Accord lineup. It was restyled for 2006, to match the rest of the current generation Accord models. This generation dates back to 2003. Notable differences are revised tailights and a dual exhaust with finished tips.
Design quirks and odditiesEdit
The Accord Hybrid wears an exclusive front chin spoiler, rear diffuser, tailights and rear decklid lip spoiler. Hybrid gauges supplement the interior. The V-6 engine with Integrated Motor Assist (IMA), operates somewhat similarly to the system used in the Honda Insight. In the Accord Hybrid, however, cylinder deactivation is utilized in low power conditions.
- Edmunds.com "Top Ten Most Fuel-Efficient Cars" for 2005
- Kiplinger's Best Fuel Economy 2006
- Official Accord Hybrid Site
- A full history of the Honda Accord
- Famous Honda Accord - The Cog - TV Advert
- Honda Accord Review Summaries
- Honda Accord Reviews