|aka||Type aka here, not up there|
1999-Present (Middle East)
|Body Style||4 dr Sedan|
|Length||length - type here|
|Width||Width - type here|
|Height||Height - type here|
|Wheelbase||118.5 in (3010 mm)|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission||6-speed 6L80E Automatic w/ Active Select, RWD|
|Engine|| 3.6 litre V6|
6.0 litre V8
|Power|| 240 hp @ 6000 rpm|
245 lb-ft (330 Nm) of torque @ 2600 rpm
355 hp @ 5700 rpm
390 lb-ft (530 Nm) of torque @ 4400 rpm
|Similar|| Ford Crown Victoria|
Lincoln Town Car
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
The Chevrolet Caprice and Caprice Classic are full-sized automobiles produced by General Motors in the United States and Canada from 1965 through 1996 model years and in Mexico from 1977 through 1983. This vehicle was the second model of the Chevrolet Impala.
- On Oct 2009, Chevrolet announced the return of the Caprice to the North American market, albeit only as a police interceptor. The Caprice PPV, is based on the LWB Middle East-market, Australian-built Zeta platform and is set to arrive in 2011 with an E85-capable and Active Fuel Management equipped 6.0 litre V8 producing 355 horsepower and 385 lb/ft of torque. For the 2012 model year, a smaller displacement V6 engine will also be offered. Power is managed via a 6-speed slushbox sending power to the rear wheels. That powertrain has been heavily modified to police spec with a high-output alternator, engine oil, transmission and power steering coolers. Other changes include 18-inch steel wheels with bolt-on center caps, larger four-wheel disc brakes with heavy-duty brake pads, heavy-duty suspension components, police-calibrated stability control system and driver information center in the instrument cluster with selectable speed tracking feature. As an added bonus, the seats are designed to accommodate their gun belts. Optional equipment will include spotlights; lockouts for the power windows and locks; and an "undercover" street-appearance package (9C3).
Styles and Major OptionsEdit
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Caprice||Caprice Classic||Caprice Classic Brougham||PPV|
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and TransmissionEdit
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintainence information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
Create links to other <MAKE> <MODEL> pages in this section.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (1999–present)Edit
The Chevrolet Caprice had been completely phased out in North America as production ended in 1996. But the new Chevrolet Caprice was introduced in 1999 but not in the USA. The new Caprice was revived by the new Holden Statesman bult in left hand drive for the Middle Eastern market only. The Statesman based Caprice features a monocoque construction for better structural integrity the new car is 201 mm shorter, 109 mm narrower, 44 mm higher and has a shorter wheelbase of just 5 mm.
The Caprice came with four models starting from the base-model LS, the mid-range LTZ, the sporty SS and the top-of-the-range Royale. The LS and LTZ both come with a 5.7L Gen II V8 producing 295 hp and the SS and the Royale get the same engine but with more power up to 325 hp.
Fifth generation (1991–1996)Edit
Fourth generation (1977–1990)Edit
Third generation (1971–1976)Edit
Second generation (1969–1970)Edit
First Generation/Origins (1965–1968)Edit
There are no known plans for the Chevrolet Caprice to establish in the American market. In 2009, they have released a Caprice PPV version for police officers in North America but no plans exist in selling the car to the general public.
Design quirks and odditiesEdit
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
- 2007 Middle East Autocar Best Luxury Car Award
Please include any external sites that were used in collaborating this data, including manufacturer sites, in this section.
News and References
- GM updates Arabian-market Chevrolet Caprice
- 2011 Chevrolet Caprice Police Car Revealed: Based on Australian Holden Caprice, LWB Version of Pontiac G8
- EXCLUSIVE: The Chevy Caprice Police Car Is Back!
- The cops get a Zeta sedan: GM unveils 355-hp Chevy Caprice police car
- Pics Aplenty plus VIDEO: Chevrolet Caprice PPV on patrol
- 2011 Chevy Caprice PPV gets Stealthy Detective Package
- 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Detective package details uncovered
Enthusiast Sites and Discussion Forums