The BMW Z Series refers to BMW's roadster models. They are:
- E30, the BMW Z1 roadster; produced from 1989 - 1991.
- E36/7 / E36/8, the BMW Z3 roadster; produced from 1996 - 2002. The Z3 succeeded the Z1 and was itself replaced by the Z4.
- E52, the BMW Z8 roadster; produced between 2000 - 2003. The Z8 differentiates with all other Z roadsters in this list as it is not an entry-level sports car but a flagship GT. It's proper predecessor is the E31 BMW 8 Series.
- E85 / E86, the first generation BMW Z4 roadster; produced between 2002 - 2008. It was the replacement of the Z3 in both car and nomenclature and was penned by Anders Warming under the direction of Chris Bangle as CoD.
- E89, the second generation BMW Z4 roadster; produced since 2009. The E89 is the first BMW penned by an all-woman team in the form of Juliane Blasi (exterior) and Nadya Arnaout (interior), under the direction of Bangle's apprentice and replacement, Adrian van Hooydonk.
|image (between 170-190 pixels)|
|BMW Z SERIES|
|Karl Friedrich Rapp and Camillo Castiglioni||Corporate website||Independent|
:This is a Disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.