Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet/Autódromo de Brasília|
|Active from||1974 - present|
|Major events||Formula One (1974, non-championship race), Stock Car Brasil, Fórmula Truck|
|Length||3.403 mi (5.476 km)|
|Lap record||1:51.62 (Emerson Fittipaldi, McLaren-Ford, 1974, Formula One)|
- For the race course of the same name in Rio de Janeiro (Jacarepaguá), see Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet.
Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet is a race course in Brasília, the capital of Brazil. With 5.476 km of length, the name of the circuit was originally Autódromo de Brasília at the establishment in 1974, but later changed to the current name. The circuit brought a non-championship Formula One race to Brasília one week after 1974's official Brazilian GP.
From 1995, the circuit was leased to NZ Empreendimentos, one of Nelson Piquet's companies, by the government of the Brazilian Federal District. But, in 2006, the Federal District regained the control to manage the circuit due to NZ Empreendimentos' lack of attention to the track's management.
- Satellite picture by Google Maps
- Trackpedia guide to driving Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet
- Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet Official Website
- Reviews on the track
- ↑ The circuit holds smaller events today, but does still have a full calender which includes Motorcycles and a lot of Kart events, on the smaller Kart circuit. "Autódromo de Brasília" (in Portuguese). Race Controle, official sporting organization of Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet (of Brasília). http://www.racecontrol.com.br/1000km/page7.html. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- ↑ "Autódromo Internacional de Brasília" (in Portuguese). CTM2000 official website. Archived from the original on 2007-10-13. http://web.archive.org/web/20071013115946/http://ctm2000.com.br/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Itemid=113. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- ↑ "TCDF determina que GDF retome administração do Autódromo" (in Portuguese). Equipe SpeedRacing.com.br. 2006-04-03. http://www.speedracing.com.br/phpframe/sites/themes/suainternet/sitespeedracing/Framespeedracing.php?frame=Informacoes&Id_Site=&id_chave=¤tPage=2&id_art=18611. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- ↑ "RECURSO INTERPOSTO PELA NZ EMPREENDIMENTOS E INVESTIMENTOS LTDA., CONTRA OS TERMOS DO ITEM IV-B DA DECISÃO Nº 763/2006." (in Portuguese). Ministério Público de Contas do Distrito Federal. 2006-06-30. http://www.tc.df.gov.br/MpjTcdf/ementario1.php?CONSULTA=DEC&ACAO=ABRIREMENTA&ORDEM=525&PAGINA=. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- ↑ "CONCESSÃO DE USO Nº 1/95, DA ÁREA E DAS INSTALAÇÕES DO AUTÓDROMO INTERNACIONAL NELSON PIQUET, PARA A EMPRESA NZ EMPREENDIMENTOS E INVESTIMENTOS LTDA." (in Portuguese). Ministério Público de Contas do Distrito Federal. 2006-11-23. http://www.tc.df.gov.br/MpjTcdf/ementario1.php?CONSULTA=DEC&ACAO=ABRIREMENTA&ORDEM=730&PAGINA=. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet (Brasília). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Autopedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|