|Race 2 of 19 in the 2015 Formula One season|
|Official name||2015 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix|
|Location||Sepang International Circuit, Sepang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Course|| Permanent racing facility |
5.543 km (3.444 mi)</td></tr>
|Distance||56 laps, 310.408 km (192.879 mi)</td></tr>|
|Time||1.42.062 on lap 43|
The 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix (formally known as the 2015 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix) was a Formula One motor racing that was held on 29 March 2015 at the Sepang International Circuit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was the seventeenth running of the Malaysian Grand Prix as a World Championship event, and thirty-fifth overall.
Lewis Hamilton came into the race with the Drivers' championship lead with a seven-point lead over team-mate Nico Rosberg, followed closely by Sebastian Vettel, a further three points adrift. Mercedes entered with a twenty-eight point lead over Ferrari in the Constructors' championship campaign.
Hamilton secured pole position in a rain-soaked qualifying session, the 40th pole position in his career. Vettel won the race, having started from second place on the grid. It was the 40th victory of his career, and first victory for Ferrari since the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix.
As in the previous two years, Pirelli announced they would be supplying teams with the orange-banded hard compound tyre as the prime selection and the white-banded medium compound as the option selection for the event.
The FIA implemented the use of a second DRS zone along the back straightaway leading to the main start/finish straight, which will retain the first DRS zone as it has in previous years.
|4||3||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull-Renault||1:40.504||1:41.085||1:51.541||4|
|5||26||Daniil Kvyat||Red Bull-Renault||1:40.546||1:41.665||1:51.951||5|
|6||33||Max Verstappen||Toro Rosso-Renault||1:40.793||1:41.430||1:51.981||6|
|8||8||Romain Grosjean||Lotus-Mercedes||1:40.303||1:41.209||1:52.981||10 1|
|13||27||Nico Hülkenberg||Force India-Mercedes||1:40.830||1:43.023||13|
|14||11||Sergio Pérez||Force India-Mercedes||1:41.036||1:43.469||14|
|15||55||Carlos Sainz Jr.||Toro Rosso-Renault||1:39.814||1:43.701||15|
|107% time: 1:46.217|
|—||98||Roberto Merhi||Manor-Ferrari||1:46.677||19 2|
|—||28||Will Stevens||Manor-Ferrari||no time||20 2|
Standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- ↑ "29 Mar 2015 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix". Formula1.com. Formula One Administration. https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/races/2015/Malaysia.html. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- ↑ "A history of the Malaysian Grand Prix". ESPN F1 (ESPN Sports Media Ltd.). http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/page/2598.html. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- ↑ "Pirelli reveal tyre choices for first four races". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 4 March 2015. https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/pirelli-reveal-tyre-choices-for-first-four-races.html. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- ↑ "The 2015 Malaysia GP preview". Sky Sports. http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12040/9763382/the-2015-malaysia-gp-preview. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- ↑ "Qualifying". March 28, 2015. http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/results/2015-race-results/2015-malaysia-results/qualifying.html.
- ↑ "2015 Malaysian Grand Prix - Stewards' decisions document 24" (PDF). FIA.com (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile). 28 March 2015. http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/28.03_-_stewards_decision_doc24_-_r.grosjean_0.pdf. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- ↑ "Marussia drivers granted permission to start in Malaysia". 28 March 2015. http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/3/marussia-drivers-granted-permission-to-start.html. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: [[Commons:Category: Category:2015 Malaysian Grand Prix|| 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix
2015 Australian Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship|
2015 Chinese Grand Prix
2014 Malaysian Grand Prix
|Malaysian Grand Prix||Next race:|
2016 Malaysian Grand Prix
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Autopedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|