|Race 18 of 19 in the 2014 Formula One season|
|Date||9 November 2014|
|Official name|| Formula 1 Grande Prêmio|
Petrobras do Brasil
|Location|| Autódromo José Carlos Pace,|
São Paulo, Brazil
|Course|| Permanent racing facility |
4.309 km (2.677 mi)</td></tr>
|Distance||71 laps, 305.909 km (190.067 mi)</td></tr>|
|Weather||Mostly cloudy with maximum temperatures reaching 25 degrees during the day.|
|Time||1:13.555 on lap 62|
The 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil 2014) was a Formula One motor race held at the Autódromo José Carlos Pace, in São Paulo, Brazil on 9 November 2014. The race was the eighteenth round of the 2014 season, and marked the forty-third running of the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Before the event, the circuit was completely resurfaced, with a much smoother surface. Following a series of heavy accidents in national races, the pit lane was reprofiled with the entry brought forward from the Arquibancadas corner to move it off the racing line and a chicane added to the pit lane to further slow cars entering the pits. The pit exit was moved further away from the circuit to allow for a run-off area on the outside of turn 2. In addition, in response to the incident suffered by Jules Bianchi during the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix, procedures relating to the location of a tractor crane serving the Senna "S" chicane were also altered.
Pirelli originally nominated the orange-banded Hard and white-banded Medium tyres, as it has for the event since 2012. However, following the Russian Grand Prix one month prior, many drivers criticized the low level of grip and wear shown on the new tarmac of the Sochi Autodrom. Since Autódromo José Carlos Pace was completely repaved following the 2013 race, there was concern that the hard compound would be "very dangerous". Along with unanimous agreement with all eleven teams, Pirelli ultimately decided to bring the Medium and yellow-banded Soft tyres to the event.
As they were at the United States Grand Prix the previous week, Caterham and Marussia were again granted dispensation from attending this event by Bernie Ecclestone due to their ongoing financial struggles coupled with the high cost of travel to the western hemisphere and the one week gap between the United States and Brazilian Grand Prix.
Sergio Pérez received a seven-place grid penalty for causing an avoidable accident with Adrian Sutil on the opening lap of the United States Grand Prix. Daniil Kvyat received a seven-place grid penalty to complete the ten-place penalty he received for exceeding the six-component quota of power unit parts in the previous race.
Virtual Safety Car (VSC)Edit
During practice, the FIA re-tested its Virtual Safety Car system, which has been proposed for 2015 to better deal with race track emergencies, following the incident suffered by Jules Bianchi during the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix. Changes made to this system, relative to the version first tested in the United States, satisfied the drivers.
|6||1||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||1:11.880||1:11.129||1:10.938||6|
|9||3||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull-Renault||1:11.593||1:11.208||1:11.075||9|
|12||27||Nico Hülkenberg||Force India-Mercedes||1:11.848||1:11.976||12|
|14||26||Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso-Renault||1:11.423||no time||17 1|
|16||25||Jean-Éric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Renault||1:12.040||15|
|17||11||Sergio Pérez||Force India-Mercedes||1:12.076||18 2|
|107% time: 1:15.271|
- 1 — Daniil Kvyat received a seven-place grid penalty to complete the ten-place penalty that he received at the previous race.
- 2 — Sergio Pérez received a seven-place grid penalty for causing an avoidable accident in the previous race.
|5||1||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||71||+51.420||6||10|
|8||27||Nico Hülkenberg||Force India-Mercedes||71||+1:03.934||12||4|
|10||77||Valtteri Bottas||Williams-Mercedes||70||+1 Lap||4||1|
|11||26||Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso-Renault||70||+1 Lap||17|
|12||13||Pastor Maldonado||Lotus-Renault||70||+1 Lap||16|
|13||25||Jean-Éric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Renault||70||+1 Lap||15|
|14||21||Esteban Gutiérrez||Sauber-Ferrari||70||+1 Lap||11|
|15||11||Sergio Pérez||Force India-Mercedes||70||+1 Lap||18|
|16||99||Adrian Sutil||Sauber-Ferrari||70||+1 Lap||13|
|17||8||Romain Grosjean||Lotus-Renault||63||Power unit||14|
|Ret||3||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull-Renault||39||Suspension||9|
Standings after the raceEdit
- Bold text indicates who still has a theoretical chance of becoming World Champion.
- ↑ "2014 Formula 1 Brazilian Grand Prix". Formula1.com. Formula One Management. http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/brazil_912/circuit_diagram.html.
- ↑ "Marussia join Caterham in missing next two grand prix in America and Brazil". 25 October 2014. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/11187549/Marussia-join-Caterham-in-missing-next-two-grands-prix-in-America-and-Brazil.html. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- ↑ "Nico Rosberg ends Lewis Hamilton's winning streak as spin costs Brit victory... he now needs second in ‘Abu Double’ for F1 title". Daily Mail. 9 November 2014. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2827606/Nico-Rosberg-ends-team-mate-Lewis-Hamilton-s-winning-streak-Mercedes-quinella-red-hot-Brazilian-Grand-Prix.html. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- ↑ "Brazilian Grand Prix: F1 – as it happened". Guardian. 9 November 2014. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2014/nov/09/brazilian-grand-prix-f1-live. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- ↑ "Massa endorses Interlagos safety changes". 6 November 2014. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/06/massa-endorses-interlagos-safety-changes/. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- ↑ "Brazil moves tractor after Bianchi crash". Grandprix.com. 6 November 2014. http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns29324.html.
- ↑ "Pirelli tyre choice for Brazil unacceptable: Massa". 14 October 2014. http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/10/14/motor-racing-prix-tyres-idINKCN0I30JI20141014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- ↑ "Tyre nominations for Brazilian Grand Prix altered". 17 October 2014. http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/news/2014/10/17/tyre-nominations-for-brazilian-grand-prix-altered/. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- ↑ "Marussia and Caterham to miss US Grand Prix – Bernie Ecclestone". 26 October 2014. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29770496. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 "2014 Brazilian Grand Prix – Qualifying results". Formula One World Championship Limited. 8 November 2014. http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/935/7430/. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- ↑ Formula1.com Brazil GP Race – selected team and driver quotes
- ↑ "Virtual safety car gets the go-ahead". Planet F1. 3 December 2014. http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9590677/Virtual-safety-car-gets-the-go-ahead.
- ↑ "2014 Brazilian Grand Prix – Race results". Formula One World Championship Limited. 9 November 2014. http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/935/7431/. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Collantine, Keith (2014-11-09). "2014 Brazilian Grand Prix championship points". F1 Fanatic (Keith Collantine). http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/09/2014-brazilian-grand-prix-championship-points/. Retrieved 2014-11-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: [[Commons:Category: Category:2014 Brazilian Grand Prix|| 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix
2014 United States Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship|
2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
2013 Brazilian Grand Prix
|Brazilian Grand Prix||Next race:|
2015 Brazilian Grand Prix
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Autopedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|