|Race 3 of 19 in the 2013 Formula One season|
Layout of the Shanghai International Circuit
|Date||14 April 2013|
|Official name||2013 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix|
|Location|| Shanghai International Circuit|
Shanghai, People's Republic of China
|Course|| Permanent racing facility |
5.451 km (3.387 mi)</td></tr>
|Distance||56 laps, 305.066 km (189.559 mi)</td></tr>|
|Driver||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault|
|Time||1:36.808 on lap 53|
The 2013 Chinese Grand Prix (formally known as the 2013 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix) was a Formula One motor race that was held on 14 April 2013 at the Shanghai International Circuit in Shanghai, China. The race was the third round of the 2013 season, and marked the tenth running of the Chinese Grand Prix as a round of the Formula One World Championship. The race was won by Fernando Alonso.
As in previous qualifying sessions, the Caterham and Marussia cars were eliminated in the first round of qualifying. Sauber's Esteban Gutiérrez and Williams's Valtteri Bottas were also eliminated. The fastest time of 1:35.793 was posted by Lewis Hamilton. All cars were comfortably within the 107% cutoff time of 1:42.498.
Mark Webber, who had posted the 4th fastest time in Q1, ran out of fuel during his second attempt to post a time. Unable to provide the required 1 litre fuel sample, he was penalised by being forced to start at the back of the grid. As they did with Sebastian Vettel when he ran out of fuel during qualifying for the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the Red Bull team opted to change the gearbox on Webber's car to improve his overtaking ability, thereby obliging him to start from pit lane.
Eliminated from qualifying were Vergne, Maldonado, Webber, Sutil, Pérez and di Resta.
Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes once again posted the fastest time of the session to take pole position. Lotus Renault's Kimi Räikkönen was second and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso was third.
Hülkenberg opted to preserve his tyres and did not post a time for Q3. Vettel also failed to log a time, aborting his attempt after a braking problem. Jenson Button did a token lap to secure the eighth qualifying position.
|7||19||Daniel Ricciardo||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1:36.993||1:36.258||1:35.998||7|
|9||1||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||1:36.537||1:35.343||no time||9|
|10||11||Nico Hülkenberg||Sauber-Ferrari||1:36.985||1:36.261||no time||10|
|11||14||Paul di Resta||Force India-Mercedes||1:37.478||1:36.287||11|
|13||15||Adrian Sutil||Force India-Mercedes||1:37.349||1:36.405||13|
|EX||2||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault||1:36.148||1:36.679||Pit 1|
|16||18||Jean-Éric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1:37.508||1:37.199||15|
|22||21||Giedo van der Garde||Caterham-Renault||1:39.660||21|
- Template:NoteWebber originally qualified 14th but moved to the back of the grid for failing to provide a one-litre fuel sample after qualifying. The Red Bull team opted to change Webber's gearbox to improve his straight line speed and overtaking ability, obliging them to start from pit lane.
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "2013 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix". Formula1.com. Formula One Administration. http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/china_895/circuit_diagram.html. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- ↑ "FIA Formula One calendar". FIA.com. Fedération Internationale de l'Automobile. http://www.fia.com/championship/formula-1-world-championship/2013/calendar. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- ↑ "Chinese Grand Prix 2013: live". Daily Telegraph. 14 April 2013. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/9989850/Chinese-Grand-Prix-2013-live.html. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- ↑ "Flying Fernando claims Ferrari victory as Hamilton finishes third in Shanghai". Daily Mail. 14 April 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2308838/Fernando-Alonso-wins-Chinese-Grand-Prix-Kimi-Raikkonen-finishes-second-Lewis-Hamilton-third.html. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- ↑ "Classy Fernando Alonso takes China victory for Ferrari". BBC Sport. 14 April 2013. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22141499. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- ↑ http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2013/895/7203/
- ↑ http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/4/14451.html
- ↑ http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/4/14456.html
- ↑ . http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2013/895/7202/.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: [[Commons:Category: Category:2013 Chinese Grand Prix|| 2013 Chinese Grand Prix
2013 Malaysian Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship|
2013 Bahrain Grand Prix
2012 Chinese Grand Prix
|Chinese Grand Prix||Next race:|
2014 Chinese Grand Prix