|Race 11 of 20 in the 2012 Formula One season|
The Hungaroring circuit
|Date||29 July 2012|
|Official name||Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2012|
|Location||Hungaroring, Mogyoród, Hungary|
|Course|| Permanent racing facility |
4.381 km (2.722 mi)</td></tr>
|Distance|| 69 laps, 302.249 km (187.817 mi)</td></tr>
<tr> <td>Scheduled Distance</td><td colspan="2">70 laps, 306.630 km (190.539 mi)</td></tr>
|Weather||Fine and Dry. Very Hot|
|Driver||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault|
|Time||1:24.136 on lap 68|
The 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix (formally the Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2012) was a Formula One motor race that took place at the Hungaroring circuit near Mogyoród, Hungary on 29 July 2012. It was the eleventh round of the 2012 season, and the twenty-seventh running of the Hungarian Grand Prix as a round of the World Championship.
Lewis Hamilton started the sixty nine lap race from pole position—his first since the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix—alongside Romain Grosjean, in his career-best starting position. Hamilton went on to win the race with Kimi Räikkönen second and Grosjean finishing third.
This race marks Heikki Kovalainen's 100th race.
- Regulation changes
Red Bull Racing were referred to race stewards at the German Grand Prix after FIA Technical Delegate Jo Bauer noted that their engine maps had the potential to violate the technical regulations. Red Bull stood accused of manipulating the relationship between the torque produced by the Red Bull RB8 and the degree to which the throttle was open—particularly in medium-speed corners—thereby allowing more air to pass through the exhaust and over the diffuser, generating more downforce. Red Bull were cleared of wrongdoing, as, in the stewards' words, they had not technically broken any rules, but the FIA announced plans to rewrite the regulations governing throttle mapping so as to outlaw the practice entirely ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Tyre supplier Pirelli brought its white-banded medium compound tyre as the harder "prime" tyre and the yellow-banded soft compound tyre as the softer "option" tyre. It was the first time at the track in the single tyre supplier era (2008–present(Bridgestone then Pirelli)) where the 'supersoft' tyre had not been used.
- Driver changes
Dani Clos took Narain Karthikeyan's place once again for the first free practice session on Friday morning. Jules Bianchi drove in the place of Nico Hülkenberg at Force India, while Valtteri Bottas drove for Williams, replacing Bruno Senna.
|Pos.||No.||Driver||Constructor||Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Grid|
|3||1||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||1:22.948||1:21.407||1:21.416||3|
|10||12||Nico Hülkenberg||Force India-Mercedes||1:22.176||1:21.653||1:22.847||10|
|11||2||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault||1:22.829||1:21.715||11|
|12||11||Paul di Resta||Force India-Mercedes||1:21.912||1:21.813||12|
|16||17||Jean-Éric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1:22.799||1:22.380||16|
|18||16||Daniel Ricciardo||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||1:23.250||18|
|23||22||Pedro de la Rosa||HRT-Cosworth||1:25.916||23|
|107% time: 1:27.519|
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2012". Formula One. http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/hungary_874/. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2012 (Race)". Formula One. 29 July 2012. http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2012/874/7119/live_timing_popup.html#. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ↑ Collantine, Keith (7 December 2011). "United States Grand Prix remains on unchanged 2012 F1 calendar". F1 Fanatic (Keith Collantine). http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/12/07/united-states-grand-prix-remains-unchanged-2012-f1-calendar/. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2012". Formula One. 28 July 2012. http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2012/874/7118/. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- ↑ Elizalde, Pablo (28 July 2012). "Grosjean delighted to answer German GP woes with best F1 qualifying at Hungary". Autosport (Haymarket Media Group). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101575. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2012 Provisional Results". Formula One. 29 July 2012. http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2012/874/7119/. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- ↑ Benson, Andrew (22 July 2012). "German GP: Red Bull cleared of illegal engine mapping". BBC F1 (BBC). http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18943608. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- ↑ Benson, Andrew (23 July 2012). "F1 seeks computer rule change on Red Bull". BBC F1 (BBC). http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18957915. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- ↑ "Pirelli reveal tyre choices for final three rounds". Formula One. 16 October 2012. http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/10/13931.html. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ↑ Elizlde, Pablo (23 July 2012). "Clos to get another F1 Friday outing with HRT at Hungarian Grand Prix". Autosport (Haymarket Media Group). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101455. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: [[Commons:Category: Category:2012 Hungarian Grand Prix|| 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix
2012 German Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship|
2012 Belgian Grand Prix
2011 Hungarian Grand Prix
|Hungarian Grand Prix||Next race:|
2013 Hungarian Grand Prix